Sunday, November 4, 2012

Tips for Beginners!

Welcome back everyone! Hope everyone has been having a great week so far! Last week I attempted to squash the most horrifying rumor that has haunted new comers to the sport for years, freezing paintballs. That post is pretty important especially to those who want to actually try the sport out for the first time. So be sure to go check that out!
This week’s post I’ll be covering some simple tips for people who are interested in getting a taste of the sport. When I give advice to beginners I always recommend that they should start slow! Usually after their first time playing, they typically want to start spending tons of money into gear that they either have no idea on how to operate or how to even maintain. Remember, you can’t buy skills! Just because you have the most expensive equipment out on the field doesn’t mean that you are the most skilled player either. So start off by renting the equipment being offered by your local field and just wear an old pair of jeans and a white t-shirt. Next, find out what style of play you like! There are so many different variations of paintball I recommend trying them all out! If you are the kind of person who likes a fast past game, then try speedball! Or if you’re more of a person who likes a slow pace game that involves bigger teams and more tactical aspects then I’d recommend woodsball! Last but not least, get some friends to play with you! Paintball is a team sport, and many people have a big misconception about that! Honestly if it wasn’t for my friends who I first began playing with, I probably would have never gotten so involved with this sport! Playing with people you know if far greater of an experience than playing with people you have just met at the field.
                So that about wraps up my tips for beginners, I know many of you have been asking me for tips geared for beginners since most of you have never played the sport before, so there you go! Stay tuned for next week’s post because I’ll be going over an exciting issue/topic that has been in the air in the paintball community for some time now, this topic is changing the caliber size of paintballs to a smaller round. 

No comments:

Post a Comment