Saturday, November 3, 2012

Freezing paintballs....stupidest thing in world..


Welcome back everyone!
Hope you guys had a great week! I spent majority of this week in ice bath because I’ve been extremely sore from cup!
This week I’m going to go over something that has haunted my beloved sport for years. It’s a rumor that has kept probably hundreds of people from at least trying the sport out…That rumor is experienced players freezing paintballs and shooting it out of their markers. Now I know, the idea of having a frozen paintball shot at you would suck…heck honestly if it were possible to even do that it would definitely hurt a lot! Now, most of you probably don’t know how paintballs are  made so here’s a video on how these litter suckers are made.






After watching the video, I can now proceed on describing how stupid freezing paintball can be. When a paintball is frozen (and I’ve tested this myself) the gelatin loses its shape and its hardness. Actually, once a paintball is removed from the source freezing the paintballs it only takes a matter of seconds for the paintball to start becoming more brittle. In fact, when you freeze a paintball it becomes so brittle that the ball itself is damn near useless and I say for two reason. First, the shooter will be lucky enough if his paintballs even end up inside the camber of his marker. That is because after a paintball is frozen it will warp, in most cases warp so bad it will look more like a football rather than an actual ball. Second, if the paintball somehow actually makes it down into the camber of the gun, the paintball will probably explode internally once the marker is fired. That is because the paintball has lost its hardness and once all the high pressure air makes contact with ball, it ends up exploding. Here's a video that squashes this myth by another creditable enthuisest


Hopefully after reading this post and watching these videos I can bring some sort of security to people who might want to try this sport out. I've heard from several people how they are scared to play because they heard stories about people being shot by other players that have 'frozen' their paintballs. 
Anywho, that wraps up this weeks post, I know this weeks post was suppose to be humerous according to the blog format but I really felt like I had to get this issue across rather fast. So here's a video with few epic fails with people while they were playing, hope enjoy it! 




1 comment: