Thursday, October 11, 2012

Paintball Players = Psychopathic Killers ?


Hey everyone! I hope everyone had a good weekend! Well to kick off this week’s post I wanted to start off by thanking all the readers who have been asking questions and giving me feedback. It’s really helping me steer the course of this blog. Now recapping over last week’s post, I spoke about some personal dilemmas whenever I first began playing. I spoke about how much of a wuss I was to get shot and how the expenses of paintball kept me from playing for a few months as well! So if you want to get some more insight on that be sure to go check it out! Now in this week’s post I'll be going over an issue that has recently impacted the paintball community.
                Now we all know (unless you're just very clueless) about the recent shooting at the midnight premier of Batman in Colorado.  It was a very tragic event and my heart goes out to the families of the victims. One thing that infuriates me though is the media’s connection between paintball and the psychopathic freak that killed all these people. Apparently, James Holmes (the shooter), was also a paintball enthusiast like myself. I have attached a video that has the actual airing of the news broadcast that shows the connection between paintball and this freak. My question to you guys is do you think this could be a reason why he did this? From all the previous post that I've posted can you see paintball influencing and individual to cause such chaos?



                After watching the video I'd like to get a response from you stating your standpoint on this topic. Could he really of done this because he plays paintball? I know for a fact shooting REAL guns and paintball markers are two completely different things. To me it is stupid that the media would even air this! I don't see any logical connection between paintball and killing innocent people. But enough of what I think, let’s see what you guys think. Post your replies in the comments below!  

No comments:

Post a Comment